How to make VRM file
2020-11-13 15:58:05 +0900 +0900
Last modified November 13, 2020: update contents (254ae8e)
A VRM file can be made by UniVRM, which is a standard implementation of VRM in Unity.
Before we dive into the details, let’s take a look at 4 core steps for making a VRM file:
- Import a 3D model and UniVRM into a Unity project. Set up/adjust the model’s materials, etc.
- Export the 3D model as VRM in Unity (Model Normalization)
- Import the VRM file into the Unity project and customize the settings such as license, spring bone, expression, eyelook, first-person
- To make sure customized settings (e.g. facial expression) are working, check your model in play mode
- Export the 3D model as VRM again. Setup completed.
|Workflow for making VRM files|
The figure above provides an overview of converting humanoid 3D models to VRM.
The environment Setup for UniVRM is in Section
The detailed walkthrough is presented in the Section
The last Section is about VRM model testings such as eye movement and expression.